Friday, November 5, 2010

5 November 2010

Mmmm!

Fall has descended on the Southeast, and with it, a briskness in the air that makes me happy for heavy socks, big sweaters, fireplaces, and toasty laptops *laugh*

It also makes me grateful that my menfolk are first rate snugglers!

Have I mentioned that I am grateful for them? 'Cos I am.

Excellent things this week:
+ getting married beside a bonfire
+ on Halloween
+ at a party
+ where no one knew it was going on
like so:
Officiant: lemme try to remember how this goes... We are gathered here together to witness... Should I just call you WUG? Is that cool?

Me: Yeh, that's fine.

Officiant: Cool, WUG and Manflesh get married. And then, I'm supposed to say some stuff here, but I don't remember it, so WUG, do you take Manflesh to be your lawful husband?

Me: Yep, I sure do.

Officiant: Cool! *grins* And, Manflesh, do you take WUG to be your legal wife?

Manflesh: Yep.

Officiant: Cool! *bigger grin* Well, in that case, I guess I present to you all Mr and Mrs... Oh, wait, man, what's your last name?

*cracking up* BRILLIANT, and exactly what we wanted. <3

+ soft-opening of a friend's restaurant (delish in my face!)

+ good friends

+ long talks into the night

+ wood-burning fires

+ "Thread, not chapter"

+ Renn Faire plans with out-of-town friends

+ "Why do you look scared?" "You're dancing and smiling. That never bodes well for me."

+ first yoga class! (ow. But in a good way!)

+ hot showers
+ watching my ancient kitty be fascinated by my phone's screen - I swear, it's like he's reading Twitter *laughing*

+ meeting new neighbours - and bonding over similarities!

+ It's Friday!

+ YOU.

<3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers