Wednesday, October 27, 2010

27 October 2010

Sorry!

I know I have been SO bad about keeping up with this. All I can say is that it has been a crazy year.


Last fall/ winter, I went through a really rough spell that lasted for about 8 months. It wasn't pretty, and while I was looking at all the amazing things I have to the good, I still woke up most mornings wishing I hadn't.

In the spring, I started to come out of it some, and began working towards a life again. Nothing extravagant, but I definitely began getting out into the world again. There were challenges: a painful break up, shifts in my primary relationship, a lot of social activity to juggle, shifting tides at work, a lot of travel, the loss of my beloved dog, a leaky roof...

As with all of us, life continues, and we either deal or don't.

The amazing parts for me are that I have passed the nine-month milestone as a non-smoker, and I feel good. I have a partner that I love and trust and value my life with, and a boyfriend that I am very, very fond of and hope to have stick around for a while. I still have my hound dog on whom to lavish my doggeh lovin'. We found out that the leaky roof is going to be covered by insurance. I got an exciting new job opportunity. I've gotten to go camping and play hooky - and had someone play hooky solely to spend time with me. I have lost (a very tiny bit of) weight. I have had the pleasure of swimming in lakes and learning new things about how my body can move. I'm getting married in a few days (... that one kinda blows my mind).

It's been a hard year, and no doubt about it.

But for now, the blessings far outweigh the hard parts. And that is what I choose to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers